Education doesn’t have to be expensive or overly time-consuming! Carve out a little bit of time each day to learn something new, and you’ll be surprised as your knowledge and hunger for learning increases over time.
- Practice a new language on Duolingo.
- Read. Constantly! Peruse the library and find your new favorite genre.
- Make note of unfamiliar words you encounter while reading and look them up to expand your vocabulary.
- Watch documentaries on topics that interest you.
- Watch Khan Academy tutorials on everything from chemistry to history.
- Find a recipe online and practice new cooking techniques.
- Start a blog to practice your writing and creative skills.
- Read a couple of news articles every day and consider how the events connect to the past and present.
- Listen to a podcast or audiobook while you commute.
- Watch a TedTalk on an unfamiliar topic.
- Need to tackle a pesky home project? See if you can find a tutorial on YouTube before hiring someone!
- Get to the roots! Ever wonder how a specific word, fashion trend, or music genre came about? Do some digging into the history behind it!
By Kathryn Pluta